Operate a forklift and narrow aisle material handling equipment to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise within a shipping/receiving warehouse. This position has a Monday through Friday work schedule with occasional Saturdays.
- Unload inbound shipments; ensure exact number and type of product is unloaded and stored
- Move product to storage locations; efficiently stack and store merchandise
- Pull and prepare product for shipment; perform picking duties efficiently; ensure exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas to shipping areas
- Keep appropriate records to guarantee tight inventory control/security
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner; maintain equipment, materials and work areas in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion
- Conduct all operations in a manner that promotes company standards of sanitation, safety, security, and productivity
- High school degree or equivalent work experience
- One to two years of forklift experience
- Must be highly reliable with a strong work ethic
Must satisfy pre-employment requirements, including background check and drug screen
For 65 years, West Logistics has been a leader in providing unique warehousing services and solutions at our contract, dedicated and public warehousing facilities. Our company currently owns or manages over 2,500,000 square feet of space in 17 locations across nine states - North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Nevada, and Pennsylvania.
Location/Region: Joliet, IL