- 1) Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- 2) Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- 3) Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
- 4) Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- 5) Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- 6) Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape, using strapping machine.
- 7) Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- 8) Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- 9) Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- 10) Routes items to departments.
- 11) Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- 12) Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- 13) May operate tier-lift truck or use handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- 14) May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- 15) May perform only shipping or receiving activities and be known as Shipping Clerk or Receiving Clerk.
- 16) May be designated according to specialty as Freight Clerk; Reshipping Clerk.
- 17) May receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment and be designated Returned-Goods Receiving Clerk.
- 18) May receive unsold products returned by DRIVER, SALES ROUTE and be designated Route Returner.
Established in 1939 as a Mack Truck dealership. Family owned and operated. Currently offering Mack Trucks, Volvo Trucks and Isuzu Commercial Trucks.
Location/Region: Charleston, SC