General Manager Role and Responsibilities:
The Warehouse Manager’s responsibilities consist of overseeing all day-to-day warehouse operations. Including inventory management; warehousing; and managing work force; building and maintaining the highest quality of customer service and enforcing regulatory compliance
General Manager Job Duties:
- Ensures daily and weekly safety meetings are conducted with all employees
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational, and personnel policies and procedures (SOPs).
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements and fire code by enforcing adherence and advising management on needed actions.
- SAP implementation and user knowledge a must.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Reports accurate inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling reported data with physical records
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by complying with the housekeeping guidelines provided within the standard operating procedures
- Planning headcount and scheduling needs based on expected volumes
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Operate and provide safety and performance training to employees on all warehouse equipment, up to and including, but not limited to; sit down forklift, electric pallet jack, shrink wrap machine, scale, floor sweeper.
- Provide accurate and timely reports (daily/weekly/monthly) to Sr. Management both on a schedule and as requested
- Achieves financial objectives by controlling labor and supply expense, analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions (CAPA).
Warehouse Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Supervision, Meeting Budgets, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, WMS, Analyzing Data and Information, Equipment Maintenance, Judgment
**This Job Description is not meant to be all-inclusive. General Managers may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.