The Administrative Operations Coordinator provides overall administrative and program support to the director of the Porter Cason Institute and Center for Life Long Learning. Duties include responding to phone inquiries, greeting visitors, maintaining necessary supplies for projects, providing correspondence to partners and participants in projects and activities, reconciling financial activity, institute document tracking, organization, adhering to current legal and university policies and procedures. Additional duties include assisting with, as well as coordinating and scheduling, special program events and related activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently organize multiple priorities.
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office excel and word software applications.
- Highly proficient calendaring and scheduling skills.
- Proficient online research skills; ability to effectively navigate business and social media websites.
- Strong people skills; ability to effectively communicate and engage with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to use multiple financial systems to implement financial activities and reconciliation of expenses.
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school
- 2 years directly related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience working in a Higher Education setting
Salary Ranges Minimum salary(USD $): 30400 Maximum salary(USD $): 48600
Pay decisions are based on education, experience, skills and budget. The lower third of the range typically applies to less experienced candidates; the middle third for more experienced; and the upper range for those with exceptional qualifications and sustained performance.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)